The Shadow is a lightweight sport carabiner that gives easy clipping and stripping of routes thanks to its solid gates and keylock nose.A straight gate on the bolt end and bent gate on the rope end maximize ease of clipping, while the nylon sling gives you something to grab hold of when working routes. Ideal for onsight sport climbing.
- Contact with wires and bolts can mark a carabiner with sharp edges that might be harmful to ropes. The carabiners on our quickdraws are differentiated by colour, allowing you to consistently use the same end for either protection or ropes.
- I-Beam construction techniques allow carabiners to be lighter without compromising strength. This is achieved through hot forging, a process which allows metal to be made into complex shapes that improve functionality.
- Solid gates are robust and give positive handling. Grooves in the gate give extra grip, increasing control when making tricky clips. Solid gates are also better able to deal with the wear and tear of modern sport climbing.
- Sport carabiners are mounted on durable nylon to create robust and easily clipped quickdraws. Sport carabiners have extra material in areas of high wear to deal with the repeated falls and intensive use of sport climbing.
- Sport carabiners are mounted on thick Nylon webbing, creating durable quickdraws that are easy to haul on when you're working routes.
- The nylon sling used to connect the carabiners is highly durable and easy to grab when working routes.
- These gates are shaped to guide the rope into the carabiner during clipping. Grooves in the gate improve handling, for greater control when making tricky clips.
- This carabiner's nose slots into a groove in the gate, allowing it to achieve full strength without a gate notch. This creates a clean internal profile that won't catch on gear, bolts or slings, giving easier clipping and stripping of routes.
- 12 cm
- Ship Dimension
- 8 x 10 x 3 inches
- Ship Weight